Yay! We’re Upgrading Our Hosting!
Posted May 20th, 2009 by Daniel Trimpey. Follow on Google+full-screen
We have recently added a new server for web hosting clients and we are happy to announce that there will be several perks of this upgrade:
- Twice the bandwidth allocations for both Basic and Advanced Hosting plan users
- No increase in rates
- A much faster processor with way more RAM (memory)
- Unlimited domain aliases (Registration fees still apply)
- More email accounts, with a new and improved webmail interface
- Support for IMAP as well as POP – both utilizing secure encryption
- Support for Secure FTP (SFTP)
Things you should know:
- We are encouraging all clients to consider moving their email to Google Apps. This will allow you to transition your email easier, not to mention provide you with other great features like Google Docs and Google Calendar. For more details on Google Apps click here or call us at 919-374-3014.
- The transition should not affect your website downtime.
- If you have a static IP address – (Ecommerce clients mostly) your website IP address will change. This should not have any lasting affect on your website, and we will contact you specifically if your IP will change and address any concerns you may have
- If you stay with our email system, rather than Google Apps, you will need to update settings in your email client to connect to the new server. We will contact you specifically with these settings if this applies to you.
The upgrade will be happening slowly and systematically over the next month or two and if this migration will affect your website or email during the transition, you will be personally notified before we migrate your account. Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know by filling out our online contact form here or calling us at 919-374-3014!