Even those who do not make a profession out of working with graphics may benefit from having good photo editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop. But sometimes the cost can be prohibitive for people who do not need it very often.
Paint.net has been around for quite some time and can be quite useful. It’s similar to Photoshop but it’s FREE for Windows users! It offers a variety of features and flexibility that make it perfect for both the novice and the professional.
Here are some of the reasons many include it in their repertoire of graphics tools:
- The tool set is streamlined, but very effective. It supports an assortment of plugins so you can customize it according to what you need.
- It makes it simple to scale graphics. For instance, it lets you resample an image based on best quality, bilinear, percentage or even pixel size, so you can take your graphic and adjust it to still look great at different sizes.
- It is always expanding and new tools are being released so that you can always stay on the cutting edge of photo effects.
- The Layers menu lets users add a new layer, duplicate a layer, flip, rotate, import, merge, zoom and so much more. Better yet, you can add as many layers as necessary to get the desired look you want.
- Sometimes it is necessary to take a darker image and lighten it (or do the reverse). The Paint.net Adjustments menu allows you to change things like black and white, brightness, contrast, curves, hue, saturation, invert colors, make the graphic sepia toned, and many other features.
- Want that “something more” element for your graphic? No worries! Paint.net has many different effects such as noise, rendering, stylized design, fractals, and others, along with special artistic tools that can take a basic graphic and make it look like an ink sketch, an oil painting, a cartoon or other art style to take your graphic to the next level.
If you are ready to give your website a new look, give Raleigh’s Page Progressive team a call today to learn more. We looking forward to helping you shine!