It’s hard to believe that 2018 is just days away from ending. In just mere days it will be time to toss out the old and welcome the new…. then again, in the world of social media there’s always something new! It may be a new platform or tool or a different way of doing something. Or, if you are thinking about New Year’s Resolutions, it might be time to take a hard look at if what you have done with your social media platforms has worked -or not- and make improvements.
If you find yourself eager to stay up to date with your approach to social media then theses insights compiled from Hootsuite and Search Engine Watch will help you make your approach to social media stronger than ever.
Social Media: What to Consider in 2019
- Messaging – Messaging apps have rapidly surpassed social media apps, whether for personal or public use. Consumers are moving from public messaging to private, even when reaching out to public brands. Make it easy for followers to contact you. You can capitalize on this trend by messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber, and WeChat that go beyond messaging to also provide stories and news updates. Then be sure to have someone on your team who is available to respond to questions.
- Trust – Thanks to bot and information leakage on social sites and beyond, people have become wary of social media accounts for the “celebrity’ as well as the basic friend request from someone they think they know, which means it is more important than ever to be honest with your audience. Whether it means admitting mistakes or an update on a recent change. Being upfront will go a long way towards building trust with your followers.
- Focus – Don’t spread yourself too thin. Determine which social media platform(s) best suit your message and audience and put your focus there. Rather than setting up campaigns on every social platform and trying to spread your campaign budget evenly, concentrate your efforts on the 1-2 platforms where the bulk of your audience is.
- Media – Yes, linking back to your website’s blog is still important but videos, podcasts and live streaming are more appealing and may engage more people. In fact, many social media experts anticipate that video is going to overtake the social media world.
- Stories – This feature format has exploded on Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp and is even being explored by LinkedIn. With stories you could create a quick video providing a personal insight to your brand. In fact, there are more than 400 million people consuming Stories on Instagram every day! Better yet, because the stories only last a matter of hours followers are eager to see it before the time run out.
These are but a few of the ways you can use social media to benefit your company in 2019. When combined with social media content that engages and informs, you can easily boost your website’s guests count and increase business. Talk to the Page Progressive team today to learn how we can take your business farther in the year ahead.