If you are looking for ways to build your company’s online presence and search result ranking, then one of the best approaches is with link building. Regardless of your industry, the size of your company or even how big a budget you have, link building is a viable and powerful part of getting your website to show in search results in 2017.
There are many approaches to link building, and there is no good “one size fits all” approach. Rather, you will find there are many unique ways to build links. Whether you are new to link building or merely need some new ideas to spice things up, here are some tried and true white hat techniques for boosting your site’s web presence and garnering more natural/organic links (Often referred to as Offsite SEO).
Link Building (SEO) Techniques to Help Gain Interest & Engagement
According to a report by Google Senior Search Quality Strategist, Andrey Lipattsev, link building is one of the top three ways to improve one’s standings in search engine results. So, here are some techniques to help you improve your ranking:
- Internal Links – These are links that go from one page of your website to another. This is an easy technique, but a useful one that is often overlooked. This approach helps decrease your bounce rate, improve page authority, improves older blog posts by sending traffic and exposure and strengthens keyword ranking.
- “Year” Jacking – Readers always want the latest information. So, including the current year in the name of blog posts will garner more attention. For example, “Great Christmas Gifts for 2017” will get more attention than simply “Great Christmas Gifts”.
- NAP – Always include your company Name, Address and Phone number on your site as these will help your SERP standing for local search.
- Scoop.it – Set up an account with Scoop.it and use it to curate, publish and share information on a desired topic. This is a great site for obtaining backlinks.
- Keywords – Track your keyword rankings so you can tell which ones are working the best, then focus your efforts accordingly.
- Blog – Take time to make useful collections of information. Whether it is infographics, blog posts, videos, how-to reports, white papers or another type of information, making them available to guests can help build incoming links.
- Charitable Organizations – If you are a part of a local or national organization, then that group typically lists your company and a backlink to your website on their page. You now are getting not just link building but a bit of advertisement, too!
- Press Release – These are still in use, and offer a prime way to build backlinks from a reputable source back to your website.
- Be Social – Utilize your social media accounts by posting links to your company blog or promotions. You can also encourage clients to mention you on social media, which will also provide backlinks.
- Guests Blog – Offer to write a blog for another company, and be sure to include a backlink to your website in your bio.
- List.ly – People love lists, so make it easy for them to find yours. You can set up an account using one of your social media accounts, then create lists that relate to your field. People can then like, post an Emoji, share it to social media, and comment on your lists, thus helping to boost your list.
Our Page Progressive team has much experience in link building and can help determine what approaches might best suit your needs. If you have any questions about link building, please give us a call today at 919-374-3014 or contact us by email here to set up a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!