It’s not unusual for a business website to include a blog. But without a plan for maintaining the blog, it is overlooked for months or even years after the first few posts. These businesses fail to garner the perks that having a blog has to offer.
If you find yourself in this situation, you may find that you need to come up with a strategy to get content developed and posted regularly, or hire someone outside your office to do that for you.
Here are 6 benefits to having a business blog, that you may want to consider before letting your blog die:
- Site Guests – A regularly updated blog with informative content is going to draw in followers thus improving your reputation.
- Be an Expert – By writing about a specific topic or field on a regular basis, you establish yourself as an expert, thus building credibility and authority. Think of it this way, if you are considering buying a guitar, you want to know its history. So, you will talk to the owner and learn as much as you can about it – its tone, perhaps the string type, any upgrades or changes that have been made, etc. because the owner is going to know it better than anyone else. When people visit your blog, they expect you to know your work better than anyone else.
- Visibility – By publishing frequently on your blog, you add new pages which lets Google know your site is active and and feeds search engines new content to index. In addition, when you publish a blog be sure to let your social media followers know as this exposes your knowledge and helps draw in more traffic.
- Expand Marketing Strategy – Content marketing is a must. It is a tool to generate interest in your business by being useful or entertaining, but without asking for anything from anyone. Writing such as this can be quite useful and will attract site guests thus helping them learn what you have to offer. Then at a later date when they or their friends need your service, you may have a new client!
- Boost SEO – We all know search engine optimization is a must. By writing frequent blogs, you can improve your site’s SEO dramatically, conversely improving search rankings if you have a solid long-term strategy.
- Converse with Customers – A business blog allows you to not just post information but be able to interact with your readers about the information shared. Ideas can be discussed, readers are heard, and you can even get new ideas for other blog posts or improvements for your business.
Having a blog for your business offers a variety of benefits. These are but a few. Should you realize the value of having a blog, then let us know! We will be happy to help you get started. So, don’t just think about having a company blog, get one going today.