Many elements contribute to the overall look and usability of your website. Some of these elements are visible to everyone and others are a result of work done behind the scenes of the website. Programming languages like PHP is a good example.
As one of the most versatile programing languages, PHP is ideal for creating exciting websites and interacting with information on the Internet. In fact, PHP (a recursive acronym standing for Hypertext Preprocessor) has a variety of features that have endeared it to web developers. Some of these features are:
- PHP creates a webpage based on input requests.
- It is a mediator between users and databases.
- It helps allow a user to address a database through their browser and get a comprehensible answer back.
- Custom PHP is compatible with nearly any Internet server.
- It is an open source solution, so it is free to use and widely available on the Web.
- PHP has a simple syntax that is similar to C or Java.
- It has led to sub-disciplines like PHP web programming, PHP database programming, PHP object oriented programming and advanced PHP programming.
- There is a strong community of PHP users, so should you have any questions during part of the web development process you are able to get help online.
- PHP is not only free, but it is also secure.