For those who use their websites to sell products, one of the most commonly used ecommerce tools is WooCommerce and it has recently undergone a major update.
So, what types of updates are included with WooCommerce version 3.0? Here is just an overview of how WooCommerce now offers more functionality, is more mobile friendly, and more intuitive than previous versions:
- Version 3.0 includes an updated product gallery with new zoom, gallery view, and mobile features.
- A new CLI powered by the REST API
- It now has CRUD classes. Standing for Create, Read, Update and Delete, this allows you to modify orders, products, customers, line items, shipping zones, tokens and coupons.
- Better speed and performance
- For larger stores, WooCommerce 3.0 now uses taxonomies to determine and display product visibility. In addition, there are fewer queries for upsells and related products on product and cart pages.
In making these updates, special care was given to making the gallery more versatile and functional than ever so that your site guests will have a faster and easier time making purchases. These improvements include:
- Rather than images that could only expanded as large as the browser window, the updates mean that product images can be zoomed in on and displayed at the image’s true size.
- To make your site easier to use on mobile devices, the gallery images work with touch gestures making actions such as pinching to zoom or swiping up to close the image easier.
- Shoppers can now magnify images from your webpage and zoom into them from a lightbox popup.
- The new WooCommerce has made gallery behavior more intuitive. This means that clicking a thumbnail updates the image you’re already viewing instead of opening a lightbox popup window.
- Automatic sorting of tax rates so that it is easier to add and manage new tax zones.
Of the many things on a website that need to be checked for updates, one of the important factors is integrations and updates for tools such as WooCommerce. The Page Progressive team knows how important it is for you that your website to be current, and makes it a point to ensure that your website is up to date. If you have questions about the WooCommerce update, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.