When thinking about building an online marketing strategy, there are a variety of elements that need to be considered. One of the most vital is a PPC (Pay Per Click). By using a PPC campaign, you are able to see how effective your approach is quickly because you do not have to wait for search engines to re-index your website like you do with organic SEO efforts.
But other than the instant gratification that a PPC campaign brings there are several other advantages of a PPC campaign up running. Here are just a few of them:
- There are a variety of tools available that make it easy to track your success, and allow you to assess if changes should be made.
- You can do split testing with ease. Want to know which long tail phrase gets the most attention for your business? Then create two different campaigns using AdWords, run them for a few weeks, and then use the assorted tools to make a determination of what’s best.
- A PPC campaign does not have break the bank. Because it has no minimum spending requirement you can set your limits, choose your approach and begin your campaign right away. Keep in mind that you only pay when people click on the ad (unless you pay per 1,000 impressions as in a CPM approach, which you should only do if you are looking for exposure and you know what you are doing).
- PPC works hand in hand with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). We all know that SEO is a must for an effective web presence. By combining SEO with PPC you boost your website in search results in a way that often compliments both strategies.
- Studies show that PPC visitors are 50% more likely to make a purchase than guests who find your site due to organic measures.
- PPC campaigns bring in a large amount of data that can help you in other areas of building your web presence. Some of this information includes better geotargeting, being able to cross-reference your competition, and assessing what market share you can gain.
- You don’t have to understand web search algorithms and their changes, as they don’t affect PPC, although Google Adwords has it’s own learning curve to use effectively.
- Get your name out there and boost your brand. Because of keyword targeting, PPC gives you the opportunity to get your name and the services you offer in front of more people.
- Because anyone can set up a PPC campaign, the playing field is leveled. Whether you are a small business with less than 10 employees or a multi-facet corporation with thousands of employees, everyone has the same opportunities with a PPC campaign. Of course, larger companies may have larger budgets, so some creativity is often still needed to compete in more crowded industries.
A PPC campaign is a must have for any business – no matter your size! If you are assessing your mid-year numbers and are not thrilled where they are, then now is the time to implement a PPC campaign. If you are looking at your numbers and like them, but want more, then PPC can help there, too. Give the Page Progressive team a call today to get started!