When thinking about building an online marketing strategy, there are a variety of elements that need to be considered. One of the most vital is a PPC (Pay Per Click). By using a PPC campaign, you are able to see how effective your approach is quickly because you do not have to wait for search engines to re-index your website like you do with organic SEO efforts.
Looking for Google’s Keyword Tool? You won’t find it. The search giant has replaced the well-known, frequently used search engine optimization (SEO) research tool with its new Keyword Planner.
The Planner combines features of the previous Keyword Tool with the AdWords Traffic Estimator — both of which were general purpose tools. The primary focus of the Keyword Planner is making it easier for advertisers to create Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns. With its “wizard” type interface, one article on SearchEngineLand calls it “an ultimate AdWords campaign building workshop.”
There is nothing new about advertising. It has likely been in place since the first entrepreneur decided to sell their product. And, while much has changed in the world of commerce, advertising seems to be here to stay. However, the methods have changed greatly with the widespread threads of the Web. And perhaps, one of the most significant changes, is the introduction of PPC (pay-per-click) advertising.
PPC was initially introduced as a proof of concept by Jeffrey Brewer of GoTo.com in 1998; however, it was not until 2002 that the AdWords system was established. The potential of AdWords, as well as other similar programs was a turning point in how business on the Web is done.
While nearly anyone can use the Google AdWords results to help build a website, there are definite advantages to hiring a AdWords management specialist in Raleigh. Some of these advantages are:
- They understand how to run a successful pay per click campaign so that you get immediate results, a significant amount of data to help you determine if Google AdWords is a good investment for you and the ability to use Geotargeting effectively and efficiently.
- An AdWords management specialist knows how to track the goals of your website, work across multiple domains, install e-Commerce tracking, track non-eCommerce objectives and explore internal site search for a variety of campaigns.
- AdWords specialists know the best way to organize your campaign to make the most of your investment and save you money. They can also set up your Google AdWords account and payment information.
- They know how to optimize AdWords results and understand AdRank, quality scores, landing page quality and click through rates and understand how they affect your AdWords campaigns.
- They can help you select the best Google Display Network and search sites to display your ads.
- They recognize the importance of testing and tweaking your AdWords campaign to make sure you get the most from your campaign(s).
- A certified Google AdWords management specialist will help you design a campaign that results in high relevancy and quality scores.
- They can teach you how to understand the monthly reports so you do not have to rely on someone else to do it for you.
While Google AdWords can be a great tool to build your business, this is only the case if you know how to use it. One such way is by using Google AdWords in conjunction with your SEO. After all, with SEO being one of the contributing factors to your website’s search engine ranking and the potential for Google AdWords to promote your site, using these elements together makes sense (as well as cents!)
Don’t you just love those advertisements that appear on the side of your screen when you do a web search? Have you ever given them much thought? Maybe you have even considered advertising your company on Google searches. If so, then you need to establish a Google AdWords account. In the Raleigh area, you will find several Google AdWords set up and management specialists, such as Page Progressive. In fact, we currently have coupons for a free $100 credit on new AdWords accounts and we would love to share them with you – no strings attached.
If you have only a passing knowledge of AdWords, then you may wish to learn more about how to use them to best benefit you. We’re an authorized partner with Google AdWords and we can provide you with numerous management tips for using AdWords accounts efficiently and effectively.