The year is rapidly drawing to an end – in fact in just 2 short months we will heralding in 2019. (Wow – where has the time gone!?) But before we turn the proverbial page to the next year, now is the time to get your website ready to help you build your business larger than before.
While there are many actions that can be taken to improve your website, one of the best things you can do is to review and analyze your SEO practices. Sure, having great looking graphics, informative content and frequently updated blog posts are all important, but if your site’s SEO is not reviewed periodically, then you are missing out on web traffic.
2018 – SEO Tips for Businesses in Raleigh
Thankfully SEO (search engine optimization) is not as mystical as it might sound. At its most basic level, it can be done by someone with just a little bit of knowledge. Of course, the more understanding you have of SEO best practices, the better the results – which is why it is important to work with SEO specialists such as the Page Progressive team! However, if you are interested in trying to do some basic SEO to your website, then here are some action items to take sooner rather than later.
- Determine what your optimum key words are. Tools such as the Google AdWords Keyword Planner is a great place to start. Be sure to note the difference between competitiveness and demand. Those words that are in higher demand will cost more to rank for, while medium ranked volume keywords can be just as effective and friendlier for your budget.
- Be sure your website’s content naturally incorporates your keywords. In addition, be sure that keywords are implemented in meta descriptions, page titles, the ALT tag, the URL, and in headings – especially H1 and H2.
- Do a thorough site review and check for any broken links. If you find them, either repair, replace or remove them.
- Pay attention to what your competition is doing. Note what keywords seem to be working for them and start implementing them into your site’s content.
- Do some research within your industry and determine what questions need to be answered. Use this knowledge to create blog posts, landing pages, images etc. for your site, then be sure to use keywords accordingly.
- Use case studies. The more data you can provide the better, as it helps build trusts and set you apart from your competition.
- Write page/blog introductions that capture the reader’s attention. Keep the intros short, explain the post’s purpose and keep them engaged.
- Make your content easy to read. Use pictures, boxed quotes, bullet points, numbered lists, and media elements to help tell your story. As you do so, be sure to keep paragraphs short (2-3 sentences).
If you are ready to take your website’s SEO from 2018 into 2019, then now is the time to start making changes. If you work with a team whose sole purpose is to see you succeed, then contact the Page Progressive team of Raleigh, NC. We can’t wait to work with you!