PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is one of the most popular server-side scripting languages for website development and can be used to create a variety of types of websites. There are several popular web content and ecommerce systems out there such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento and Joomla which are all developed in PHP. In fact, statistics show that more than 80% of websites are created using PHP and nearly all web hosting providers offer it as an option. But what is so special about PHP? After all, there are dozens of other options…
The Power of PHP for Custom Web Development
Tips for Using PHP
Many elements contribute to the overall look and usability of your website. Some of these elements are visible to everyone and others are a result of work done behind the scenes of the website. Programming languages like PHP is a good example.
As one of the most versatile programing languages, PHP is ideal for creating exciting websites and interacting with information on the Internet. In fact, PHP (a recursive acronym standing for Hypertext Preprocessor) has a variety of features that have endeared it to web developers. Some of these features are:
- PHP creates a webpage based on input requests.
- It is a mediator between users and databases.
- It helps allow a user to address a database through their browser and get a comprehensible answer back.
- Custom PHP is compatible with nearly any Internet server.
- It is an open source solution, so it is free to use and widely available on the Web.
- PHP has a simple syntax that is similar to C or Java.
- It has led to sub-disciplines like PHP web programming, PHP database programming, PHP object oriented programming and advanced PHP programming.
- There is a strong community of PHP users, so should you have any questions during part of the web development process you are able to get help online.
- PHP is not only free, but it is also secure.
There’s an App for That! Designing Web Apps
With the commonality of smartphones, people everywhere are finding that more and more, they depend on their phone to help them get things done and the term “app” has become a household word. Consequently, perceptive companies are producing web applications, which consumers can use to make life easier whether on a mobile device or a desktop computer. The applications range in price and function, and appeal to consumers of every age and interest. But what is that makes one app more desirable or more successful than another? If you are planning to design a web app, there are 10 elements you will want to keep in mind.