2017 has nearly closed and 2018 is looming. If you have looked at the numbers for your website traffic and find yourself deciding your 2018 New Year’s Resolution list will include “Boost website traffic,” then you are not alone. However, wanting to increase your web traffic, and knowing where to start are two entirely different things. Fortunately, boosting your website traffic is not as intimidating as it might sound – though it will take a bit of time and effort (or you can talk to a Page Progressive team member about helping out!)
A quick web search will pull in pages of tips and list of ways to increase site traffic. These tips might be list of as few as 5 things to do those lists with well over 100 action items. To simplify the search, we have comprised a list that is relatively manageable. ☺
Boosting Your 2018 Web Traffic
- Become more active on social media. This is especially important if you have an e-commerce site. The best platforms for the ecommerce site are Instagram and Facebook. In fact, a recent poll shows that by the end of 2017, 70% of brands are anticipated on Instagram!
- Plan and produce some webinars. If the thought of doing them weekly or even monthly is daunting, consider one a quarter. Make them interesting and conversational by including engaging graphics and encouraging comments. Be sure to invite people within your field, as well as promote on your social media platforms, your newsletter and perhaps consider a special promotional landing page with a sign-up link.
- Not crazy about webinars? No worries. Many people are fans of podcasts. In fact, a study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau found podcast listeners spend more than 25% of their audio time listening to podcast. The great thing about podcasts is your listeners can download them to the device of their choice and listen to them when they have time – such as the commute to the office.
- Sign up for tools such as MeetEdgar, BuzzSumo, AutoSuggest and Ahrefs to determine what type of posts do best on social media, or to help build backlinks. Each of these tools have their own unique perks and pricing scales, so it is important to do your research carefully and ask for help if you have questions.
- Give away free stuff. From software to free shipping on products, extra entrees in a drawing, or a BOGO deal, people love free stuff. Plus, when you treat people well and give them something for Free, you are building customer loyalty.
- Advertise on directories such as your local Craigslist, Google Places for Business, Bing Places for Business, Yahoo! Local Listing, and others.
- Be sure your website is a responsive design.
- Remember, the web spans the globe. Consider adding a one-click translation plug-in so your website content is available for non-English speakers.
- Run and publish surveys related to your product or company focus.
- Blog often – keep in interesting to the reader, not just to yourself!
- Don’t forget backlinks! Guest blog on other sites, ask for links from a non-competing site, sign up for affiliate programs- there are dozens of opportunities out there. Keep your eyes and ears open for ways to garner solid backlinks.
- Use tools like MailChimp or Constant Contact to send great looking emails and newsletters.
Having a more engaging and interactive website in 2018 doesn’t have to be a pipe dream or one of those resolutions that get forgotten. Decide on a few approaches to start with, and add to them as the year goes by. If you need help determining where to begin, contact Page Progressive. We would love to help you be more successful than ever!