Over the past couple of months, we have posted about various aspects of web hosting; what type of hosting to use, what to look for in a reliable managed WordPress Hosting provider, and tips for selecting a secure WordPress host. If you are looking for a web hosting provider then there is a myriad of choices.
But the fact is you need a hosting provider that you can depend on for all your hosting needs. If you have a WordPress website, typically the most dependable option is a “Managed” WordPress hosting provider.
But what if you don’t opt for a managed WordPress hosting package? Where does that leave you? Here are a few things to consider when you do NOT use a “Managed” WordPress hosting provider:
- Rather than having someone who will install WP and plugins for you, it is on your shoulders to get that job done yourself.
- Updating WordPress and plugins also becomes your job…and that really should be done quite frequently (IE: weekly) to keep your website secure.
- If you need to restore your site from a backup…again, you get to do that.
- If your website breaks on a WordPress or plugin update, you have to track down how to correct it, or pay your developer to fix it.
- If your site ever gets hacked, you have to pay for a service to clean the site. Some Managed WordPress hosting plans such as ours, includes malware monitoring AND cleanup.
- Managed WordPress hosting plans often come with an included SSL certificate, which is critical for security and improves your search ranking.
- If you have issues with your WordPress website, and you are getting your hosting from someone who does not offer WordPress-specific hosting and support, they may very well tell you that is not something they can help you with.
If you are not sure if the hosting plan you currently use is optimized for WordPress websites, let us know and we can point you in the right direction.