Does your business plan include offering an online community for clients and customers? Would you like to restrict access to content on your site to a membership community only?
WooCommerce now offers extensions that help their e-Commerce customers offer and manage memberships and subscriptions. If you use WooCommerce (2.2 or newer) for your e-store and offer memberships (or plan to), these extensions are worth checking out.
Capabilities of the Memberships extension include:
- Sell memberships or grant them by invitation only
- Grant and schedule access to content exclusively for members
- Offer member-only discounts or products in your e-Store
- Restrict viewing and/or purchasing of designated products to members
- Track information about members in a “notes” section
- Make notes for your own reference or share a note with a member
Capabilities of the Subscriptions extension (when used with Memberships) include:
- Automate recurring billing of memberships
- Offer limited-time free trials
- Delay access to some/all content until after a free trial
- Offer capability for members to pause, upgrade or downgrade their membership
- Prorate membership costs when needed
A single-site license for Memberships is currently available for $149 and for Subscriptions $199.
Here’s Where to Learn More
Visit these WooCommerce product pages for full details:
Read more about best practices for building membership sites at inc.com.