High quality content has always been an important element in a company’s website and internet marketing strategy. But with recent updates to search engine algorithms, the importance has increased. Valuable and regularly updated content on your site is a signal to search engines — as well as existing and prospective customers — that your company is active and relevant in your industry.
Using content to increase web traffic, awareness, leads and sales, known as “content marketing,” has generated a lot of buzz online – and for good reason.
- 68 percent of people spend time reading about brands that interest them
- 57 percent read content marketing information at least once a month
- 80 percent of people appreciate learning about a company through custom content
Content marketing offers opportunity for increasing awareness of your business and building new and existing customer relationships. And as reported by the Social Media Today post, it costs 62 percent less than traditional marketing methods.
Improving your search engine ranking (as described above) is one of the most significant benefits of content marketing, but it is not the only one. Here are some others:
- Readers who find your content helpful and relevant are likely to share their discovery via their social media networks.
- Once content is created, there are numerous opportunities and avenues to share it with your own social media networks.
- Content that effectively addresses customers‘ needs can be influential in the buying decision. Six out of 10 people report being inspired to seek out a product after reading about it.
How can you create content that will reap these benefits for your business? There are many forms content can take – blog posts, web pages, videos, photos, illustrations, infographics, white papers, webinars, ebooks and more.
Stay tuned for additional posts on content marketing and tips for planning a content strategy for your business. Contact Page Progressive if you have questions about how to use this marketing tool or would like help in developing valuable content. Our team members have knowledge and skills to assist you with all your internet marketing.